Thursday 18 June 2015

Twilight, roses and a colourful cat

 Salut!


 After my last post about my sunset walk I wanted to share some photos from the same walk with a slightly later setting-off time. This meant it was twilight rather than sunset and I got some nice pictures of the white and pink blossom in the dying light. 



 I also snapped the "Cat of Freedom", as I call her, outside the Centre of Contemporary Art. I was sad to see that someone had graffitied all over her. Granted, she may have been a graffiti to start with - I'm not sure - but she's beautiful! There was absolutely no need to deface her. I'm quite sad about it.



 Sant Jordi was on its way. Sant Jordi (Saint George) is the patron saint of Catalonia as well as England. He is celebrated by exchanging both roses and books with friends and loved ones.


 In my next post I will share another tradition: the Sanch Procession. This takes place on Good Friday. Worshippers don hooded cloaks and march around the city carrying effigies of Christ. It has to be seen to be really understood - but I will do my best to capture the ambiance in my photos.

 So, watch this space!

 Thanks for reading,

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment