Saturday 20 June 2015

Flowers, flags and fountains

 Hello!


 After the Sanch Procession came Easter and suddenly April was rushing by. Soon I would be leaving Perpignan. I resolved to make the most of my time left, especially as the weather was reaching its peak of late-spring gorgeousness before the arrival of the blazing summer.

 I had lots of sunset and twilight walks around Perpignan and trips to Canet. I made a final list of things I just had to do before I left, such as visiting Canet Aquarium and taking one last turn on the Perpignan Little White Train.

 However, some of the best times were spent just wandering around Perpignan City Centre and Old Town. One such day I had a photo-shoot with the marigolds by the river, then with the many Catalan flags in the old town. 

 Finally, I just had to snap Plane Tree Park Fountain in its rainbow-y, misty, dreamlike splendour. 

 It was a magical afternoon and I hope you enjoy sharing it.










































Delicious! I'll miss Columbus...







































 It turned out to be my last day photographing in the centre of Perpignan - afterwards I stuck to my suburb and to Canet. Looking back at these photos I feel such love for my city. That day was my perfect, poignant goodbye to Perpignan.

 Thanks for reading,

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment