Wednesday 17 June 2015

Sunset and blossoms in Perpignan

 Hello!


 Now that I lived on the outskirts of Perpignan instead of in the village of Cabestany I was able to walk into town in about half an hour. I especially loved to do this in the spring evenings, when it was cool and quiet and I had the honour of watching some glorious sunsets over the snowy Canigou.

 This post is mainly photos, telling the story of my sunset, blossomy walk from Kennedy bus stop into Perpignan city centre and then showcasing said city centre in the moonlight. I did it so many times and it never got old and now I want to share it. I hope you enjoy taking this journey with me.

The cool of the evening









The sunset begins







Flowers, blossoms and a sky alight














Spot the cat!






I call these, "crucifix trees" as they look like people and the shadows look uncannily like Jesus on the cross. They can really take you by surprise and give you a chill.

The Canigou with its icing sugar snow







Franglish restaurants and twilight roads












Full moon over Perpignan








Lights in the river and sky













 And then I would either get a bus back or, in most cases, walk back in the blue, moonlit night. I would listen to music and certain songs will now for me forever be entwined with those magical evenings.

Thanks for reading,

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment