Saturday 1 November 2014

Goodbye, Girona

 Hello!


 My posts so far about Girona have led up to my mother and I eating ice-cream at around midday of our second and final day in the city. I will now finish the Girona story with what we did from then until our leaving.

 Firstly, we crossed the river and had a wander.


If anyone can enlighten me as to what these are, I would be grateful - I have seen at least two.





This pic makes me think of New York City!

The return of the giant fish!

Saint Felix's Basilica and the fish












 We found a book fair.





They love their Animorphs - there were at least four there!


Jeremy James made it to Spain!


 Recrossing the river, we found that our musicians from earlier in the day had moved bridges and were playing as fervently as ever.





More books!






Ants!










 We found the famous Saint Martin Steps, where there were art students at work.











A very politically active set of neighbours!

Hama bead pasta!

British things shop!



















Mallows!






Coming up: yet more ice-cream! (Yes, I am obsessed!)









My crepe! With Nutella and cream!


The Cinema Museum






Cool lights


Books!




 We worked our way back to the hostel and said goodbye to the lovely staff.

Photo by my mam

 We made our way to the train station, passing a huge cricket on the way.


 And, finally, we caught out train back to Perpignan, It was nice to be back - I'm really beginning to see Perpignan as home now. However, I will miss Girona, which is an incredible city.

 Thanks for reading,

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment