Friday 15 December 2017

Exploring Padrón

 Hello!


 After a very moving visit to the house of writer Rosalía de Castro, my Galician class trip continued with a walk around the town of Padrón.

 It was a very hot day. All around us were intense, saturated colours and leaves glowing with sun. There were also plenty of flowers and quite a few animals, some of which were very cute. I hope you enjoy my photos.














Spot the photographer








 We passed through a really nice park. I would have liked to have stayed for longer, but we pressed on.














 We arrived at a restaurant known for octopus, which is a huge part of Galician cuisine.





 My table ordered tapas including festival-style octopus. I wasn't vegetarian at the time - I am now - but I still wasn't keen on eating octopus as they always struck me as beautiful and intelligent creatures. However, I could understand why my friends wanted to try such a well-known dish.







 Having finished at the restaurant, we wandered on through the streets of Padrón.













































 Out of nowhere the river appeared, and it was stunning. We took some time to admire it - it was a relief to simply rest and watch adorable ducklings and a happy wet dog.























 We climbed a hill, which was somewhat taxing but gave us great views of the town.


























 The time came for us to set off for our final destination of the day: the city of Pontevedra. As we walked back through Padrón to the coach I wished we could have spent more time in the town.

 However, I guess the good thing about the whistle-stop Galician class trips was that we got a taster of all kinds of different places and could decide for ourselves which to return to in our own time. 

 It so happened that Pontevedra would become one of those places - in fact, it would become one of my favourite places in Galicia. Watch this space to learn about my adventures there.

 Thanks for reading,

 Liz x

2 comments:

  1. Great photos with an interesting guided tour! I'm really enjoying these outings. Thanks for sharing, Liz.

    ReplyDelete