Tuesday 20 December 2016

En route to Lyon

 Hello!


 Shortly after half-term, I travelled to Lyon to have my pastoral appointment with Catherine, the year abroad tutor for French at my home university. This would be a chance to discuss how my time in Avignon was going so far and ask any questions I had.

 I was really excited at the prospect of finally going to Lyon, a city that had been on my radar for a long time but which I had never had a chance to visit. I set out on a Thursday afternoon; I would see Catherine and then have the evening and the next morning to explore.

 The journey there marked the first time I'd travelled via Avignon's TGV station, which is slightly out of town. It turned out to be big and architecturally striking, and I was glad to have seen it. Once I was settled onto my TGV (fast train), happily on the upper level and by a window, I enjoyed the gorgeous views of the south of France flying by.

 I hope you enjoy my photos of the journey from Avignon to Lyon.


















 In my next post I'll let you know all about Lyon, one of the most incredible cities I've visited. Watch this space!

 Thanks for reading.

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment