Thursday 12 April 2018

Last trip to Samil Beach

 Hello!


 With my mother and grandmother settled into Vigo, I took them on our first excursion, to Samil Beach. I had visited with my friend Daojun back in March, and it had been lovely. I wanted to see what it would be like in May, with the sky blue and the weather gorgeous.

 We took the bus down from my mountain campus, through the city and along the coast. We disembarked at Samil and were met by a truly exquisite view. Whatever I had imagined, Samil in spring was even prettier.



This little critter pops up a lot


Still an eyesore




 We popped into one of the cafés dotted along the esplanade for some ice-cream.



 We wandered along the seafront, passing a skate park with some interesting artwork and a load of seagulls blissfully bathing in a swimming pool.
























 After our walk we chose a café and picked some dishes to share: revuelto, a dish made from scrambled eggs and prawns, and pizza with egg and ham. (This was before I became a vegetarian.)



 For dessert Granma chose a banana boat, and I finally got to try the sundae I had seen on menus and longed for: a Pinocchio. I asked for mint ice-cream for his head instead of strawberry, though, which made him look more like a duck than a Pinocchio to me. He was almost too cute to eat.



 We made our way back to the bus stop.





 Back on campus, it was a lovely evening.







 It had been a great day out. I was glad to see Samil one last time and in such lovely weather, and happy to be able to share it with my Mam and Granma.

 Thanks for reading.

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment