Monday 1 June 2015

An unexpected market

 Salut!


 One Saturday, I went into Perpignan to meet up with Loreto, a Spanish Assistant from Galicia who I enjoy spending time with.

 We were going to look at the Christmas Market - but, to my surprise, there was another market taking place: a street market on Station Avenue with all sorts of unusual things including a teddy, a frog ashtray, a globe and an anchor!

 Before that, however, I got some snaps of the Christmas crib on the Place de Catalogne.









 Loreto and I strolled up Station Avenue together and admired the weird and wonderful array of items for sale.

















The band

Soap!

Anchor!


Cheese!





Angels!








A building Loreto likes

Frog ashtray! While I disagree with smoking, I do love this frog.












 After exhausting ourselves wandering around the market, we went to Subway in the train station and had a nice meal while enjoying the station's Christmas installations.


Les Pingouins!




 We then set off to visit the official Christmas Market, which is another story. I'll post about that soon. In the meantime, I hope you enjoyed the photos of the wonderfully chaotic unexpected market.

 Thanks for reading,

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment