Monday 14 September 2015

The Van Dyck area and the bullring

 Hello!


 One day I planned to meet some other students on my course for tapas. However, it ended up not happening, leaving me alone in Salamanca's Van Dyck area, a small neighbourhood known for tapas restaurants and its cinema. I decided that while I was there I may as well explore this new (for me) part of the city.

 Wandering took me to Salamanca's bullring which is just beyond the Van Dyck area. I have no interest in bullfighting but it was interesting to see the building from the outside. From there I strolled back down along Van Dyck Street, soaking in its chilled atmosphere. I hope you enjoy taking the journey with me.

The bullring area






The bullring






 Getting back into the leafy Van Dyck zone

















An ice-cream by the cinema!

 It's always a pain when a plan doesn't work out but I'm glad I got the chance to experience the Van Dyck neighbourhood with its unique vibe. The ice-cream was nice, too!

 Thanks for reading,

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment