Tuesday 15 September 2015

Night on the Roman Bridge

 Hello!


 After my stroll around Van Dyck Street I wandered down to the River Tormes. I wasn't heading for any landmark in particular; I just wanted to see the lights in the water as it was getting dark. So, I was pleased when I realised I was near the famous Roman Bridge. I decided to cross it.

 First I saw the statue - above - of the young Lázaro and his master, a blind man who treats him horribly. Lazarillo de Tormes is a cornerstone of Spanish literature and I read it and wrote an essay on it in my first year at University, so it was thrilling to see them.

 I set out along the Roman Bridge.




The Casa Lis Museum and Art Gallery







 I had a good time making special effects from the lights purely by gently bobbing the camera as I took the exposure.






The Enrique Esteban Bridge as you've never seen it before!





The Cathedral!




The greenery looking almost like a painting




 I returned to Lázaro and to the stone bull, marking the ancient entrance to the city, against which he has his head slammed by his nasty master. Poor child!



 I took a moment to photograph the crucifix at the edge of the old town which at night is really beautifully lit.



 I finally made my way back to my residence, passing a family (I assume) gazing at the stars.




 That was the end of an interesting afternoon and evening of exploring. No matter how well you know Salamanca, there's always something new to discover.

 Thanks for reading,

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment