Sunday 31 May 2015

Lights in Perpignan

 Hello!


 I returned from Canet to see that Perpignan had undergone a transformation. It had become well and truly Christmas-fied!

 The castle and bridge were lit, icicle-lights dripped from the trees, snowflakes flashed beguilingly in Plane Tree Park, the big white tree by the river glowed silver and the Christmas Market huts pulsed with different wintry colours. It was amazing to step off a bus into a real winter wonderland.



























 I bought some roasted chestnuts from the little train.





 The bus took me back to Cabestany where again, I drank in the sight of the village's own mysterious, beckoning lights.



 It was a surprising and wonderful night and I would recommend Perpignan at Christmas to anybody.

 Thanks for reading,

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment