Saturday 30 May 2015

Canet-en-Roussillon

 Salut!


 I had heard a lot about Perpignan's seaside neighbour, Canet, and as it was on the bus route I was keen to visit. I had viewed an apartment in Canet back in September but hadn't seen the town or sea. So one Monday in November I hopped on a bus to explore.

 I wasn't sure what stop to get off from to get to the beach - if I had only stayed on until we reached "Canet Plage!" - but I jumped off too soon and ended up at the marina.

 It was very pretty in its own way; the light was nice and the reflections in the water were lovely.











 I escaped from the marina where I had become somewhat trapped and wandered along the bus route in the hope that I would reach the beach. I encountered a sumptuous and unexpected view of the Canigou, dusted with snow.




 There is a lot of public art in Canet - in fact, I've noticed that there seems to be a lot generally around the Pyrénées-Orientales department, which I think is a good thing.




Poor person on their head!













Wavy streetlights



 I finally arrived at the beach where I was greeted by the beautiful Girl of the Sun and Sea, frozen in eternal dance. She really is the perfect welcome to the Canet seafront.









 It was bitterly cold but I was happy to see the sea. I have always been drawn to water and the sea especially.























 I hopped back onto a bus and left chilly Canet for hopefully-warmer Perpignan. I feel it was a good day's work - I discovered a new place that I really like, took some photos and learnt that the bus does stop at the beach!

 It was the first of many, many trips to Canet. I saw it in all seasons but that wintry first afternoon will always have a special place in my memories.

 Thanks for reading,

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment