Saturday 15 November 2014

Halloween in Perpignan

 Hello!


 After returning from Girona, my mother and I enjoyed a beautiful day in Perpignan. The weather was heavenly and with Halloween around the corner, it was lovely seeing the festive displays in shops and general Halloween-y touches.


Place de la Loge

It looks like a ship in a storm! I love the sky here.




 We visited a sweet and biscuit shop...





It isn't a French chocolate/sweet shop without orangettes!



Proper lollipops! I remember being amazed by these the first time I discovered them, in Carcassonne.



Halloween!


 We progressed to the Place de la République.











 We mooched into the backstreets, towards my favourite chocolate shop when it comes to displays (though I've never bought anything there - I'm a perpetual window-shopper!).







They were even selected by Michelin!





 We headed towards the graffiti cat so I could show my mam.





 We saw the cat and headed towards the river.



 There we enjoyed a delicious Italian meal in Place Arago, before drifting back into the back streets.





We returned to the Place de la Loge via the Town Hall.








Town Hall











 We went on to the Cathedral.








 And, finally, back to the Castillet to catch the bus back to Cabestany.



 It was, overall, a wonderful day. It was great to see my mam and the city was at its best. The Halloween stuff was good fun and really got me in the mood to celebrate. Shame I couldn't see the Strictly Halloween Special! However, I will hopefully see it sooner or later.

 Thanks for reading,

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment