Monday 19 September 2016

A pooch, a pastry, an unexpected party

 Hello!


 So, after talking about our amazing night picnic in my last post, in this one I'm going to let you know what happened on the Thursday and Friday of my first week in Avignon. Some of it was planned, some wasn't, but I think it was all useful to me in terms of finding my feet here.

 On Thursday we had another talk at Uni, this time about finalising our course choices and filling out our Learning Agreements. Afterwards I did some admin at Uni, before going into town because I had some things to sort at the bank. I've kept my account from when I was in Perpignan, and it seems to be working out okay.

 I spotted a dog that reminded me of Dougal from The Magic Roundabout (Pollux in the original French version). He looked rather tired of the heat!



 On my way back I visited a bakery. I've noticed that pig cakes are popular here in Provence - I saw them a lot in Antibes, too.



 I treated myself to a chocolate tart. It was even more delicious than I had expected it to be. The chocolate spiky bits look solid but are actually so soft and creamy - possibly ganache.


 The case is pretty, too!


 On Friday we had a French test at Uni and then there was talk of another meet-up on Barthelasse. I headed there to find that the group were moving to a student residence in town. 

 There we ended up in someone's room - well, mainly on his balcony - and it wasn't the night I had been expecting, but it was certainly interesting. There were very few people there that I knew, but there were people from several different countries and I got to hear many languages being spoken.

 It got very smoky and eventually I left. It was a beautiful night in Avignon, the sky all swirly, and as I walked home I reflected on how happy I was here already.

 Thanks for reading,

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment